LawPavilion LegalTech Conference 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to ravage economies all around the world, there has been an increased pivot in the use and adoption of technology across several industries, where hitherto technology was a mere tool and not a driver of day to day operations. The world as we knew it has changed forever and it is imperative that this paradigm shift is accentuated by current realities of how individuals, organizations, institutions and governments work and interact. Further, the changing needs of clients in the new landscape have forced legal practitioners to adopt and integrate these new technologies or risk losing business to more nimble competitors.
The LegalTech conference organized by LawPavilion in partnership with the Telnet Nigeria Limited is an auspicious event you need to attend to get practical ideas and solutions to better understand how you can leverage technology to accelerate access to justice for Nigerians and organizations interested in doing business in Nigeria. It would be holding on Thursday August 13 and Friday August 14th, 2020.
The conference is a free, 2-day event aimed at bridging the gap between the Legal Industry, Administration of Justice and the general populace, using Technology. Also, it will feature keynote sessions, interactive panel discussions, breakout sessions, networking and the virtual exhibition booth, designed to address key issues at a functional level to improve law practice efficiency and legal service delivery.
The Keynote Speech would be delivered by His Excellency Prof. Yemi Osinbajo SAN, GCON Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. Other speakers includes; Folorunso Aliu Group Managing Director, Telnet Nigeria Limited, Gbenga Sesan Executive Director, Paradigm Initiatives, Nankunda Kataganza , Director, Hook Tangaza & Co-founder, Africa Law & Tech Network (ALT), Babatunde Ajibade, SAN, Dr Ayodele Akenroye, Immigration Judge, Immigration and Refuge Board of Canada, Raymond Mgbeokwere, General Counsel, First Bank Of Nigeria, Sesan Sobowale, Head of Legal, Union Bank of Nigeria, and Corporate Section Committee of NBA-SBL, Seun Abimbola, Chairman NBA-SLP & Former AG of Oyo, Busola Ajala, Founder SLB Academy, Davidson Oturu, Partner AELEX & host of many others.
Attendees will also be able to explore and evaluate the latest technologies and innovative products and will discuss challenges and solutions to better integrate tech within their organizations.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Participate in robust discussions that proffer practical solutions to identified challenges in our legal services and justice delivery system.
- Further understand the relationship and interdependency between law, technology, and the corporate industries, and how to position yourself strategically in the new paradigm.
- Learn how COVID-19 has forced the rapid adoption of tech and what were the lessons learned
- Participate in the launching of the E-Laws of Lagos State on LawPavilion E-BookStore
- Make great connections to share ideas and insights on successfully integrating technology
- You will participate in the unveiling of a new and technology-driven ecosystem of legal service delivery where citizens, lawyers, the Courts, and other stakeholders interplay.
- You will be part of discussions where bright minds adumbrate the nexus between a Nation’s Justice System and its Economic Productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Legal practitioners from small and medium sized firms looking to leverage technology to enhance their legal service delivery.
- Legal Practitioners from corporate firms interested in leveraging technology to enhance and expand their business and client networks
- Legal tech service providers, industry consultants, associations and start-ups/incubators looking to expand business relationships with legal professionals
- Government lawyers from all levels seeking to enhance their legaltech knowledge
- Stakeholders within the legal & justice sector in general including
Heads of Courts, Chief Registrars, Attorneys General
- Heads of Legal Department of Banks, Oil Companies and top Corporate Organizations
- Permanent Secretaries of Ministries of Justice, Legal Advisers of MDAs
- Donor Agencies, Human Rights NGOs
For registration, click here https://bit.ly/LegalTech2020